Monday, March 31, 2003

Stripped from the Angry Thoughts Headlines:
AS WE WATCH THE BREAKDOWN of Rumsfeld's "effect-based" military strategy, we wonder how that could happen, because it worked so well in war games.

Cynical me, I just thought the military downplayed the capabilities of Iraq in order to draw the public into early support for an "easy" campaign. So much easier to start a war if you think you'll win quickly. I had no idea I was overestimating their ability to predict, or that our brightest leaders were just simply dumbfounded that the Iraqis would do anything but come out waving the white flag, while exhibiting submissive urination.

Unless.... they knew we'd be in conflict and staged the $250M war-game charade last year to make it look like they didn't know there'd be resili-- Nope. Nevermind. I can just put that over thinking part of my brain away, now. I won't be needing it.

No comments: