Saturday, August 28, 2004

Freaking IE and blogger. I had a post all loaded and ready to go. For some reason IE interpreted a [backspace] off the text box and navigated me away from the "create post" page without saving any of it.

Anyway..... I was saying how I am keeping a list of topics and words that have come up in conversation, media, whatever I'm exposed to. Topics that you wouldn't expect to come up frequently.

For instance, I had two independent sources inform me on the same day about a story Paul Lindman(local news guy) did on a beached whale that was detonated on an Oregon beach many years ago. Just this weekend I was in a bookstore, wondering to myself who came up with the phrase, "Author, Author!" Not 4 hours later I saw an ad on a satellite TV channel for the movie of the same name.

One that really caught my attention was a thought I had about single front seat cars, as opposed to left-hand drive position as we have here in the States. A week later, the next Car and Driver I picked up had a nifty little article in it about center-drive cars. (My personal favorite is the Maclaren F1.)

It only goes on the list if I cannot see a correlation between the two occurences of the words or phrase. The classic example of this is wondering about someone from your past, just before getting a call or email from that person.

Anyone else notice anything similar? Don't use anything from the news- those losers don't even write their own copy anymore. They'll just read it off the Rumsfel---I mean Reuters feed, without adding even a punctuation mark.

No comments: